Second International Summer School
“The dimension of research
and the hundred languages of children”
A Second Summer School in Reggio Emilia and in Ligonchio would like to offer opportunities to continue to study in depth the experience of the Municipal infant-toddler centres and preschools, its ongoing evolution, through different modalities of professional development occasions.
The Summer School would like to be, also, an occasion for encounters, dialogue, study among people from different cultures and from different experiences; an opportunity to create an occasion where we study together by having an active role in the development of the programme.
The place that has been chosen as a support to the context of Reggio Emilia for the theory and practice is Ligonchio, a small village located in the high Appennino Reggiano, with its specific natural and environmental characteristics. References: www.comuneligonchio.it – www.parcoappennino.it
A bibliography of texts and articles will be given in advance to the participants before coming to Reggio Emilia.
The texts should be read and studied in order to further develop thoughts, reflections and questions that then in Reggio Emilia, will find a place capable to be listened to and valued.
The programme will be developed through lectures, power point presentations, plenary sessions, workshops, hands-on, working in groups, role playing, projection of video clips, analysis of documentation tools, making the learning visible: workshop in motion.
The main contents of the Summer School are not part of a list of topics in a sequence, but rather they are part of a map of contents that is not divided into categories but it is more an interwoven map of learning opportunities.
The main contents of the Summer School
- the principles of the educational project Infant Toddler Centres and preschools,
Istituzione of the Municipality of Reggio Emilia
- progettazione and projection of the work
- encounters with teachers, pedagogistas and atelieristas
- explorations of scientific phenomena related to water and Energy
- the Italian Educational System
- experiences of theories and practice in dialogue
- the cultural project of the International Centre Loris Malaguzzi
- the school seen as a system of interactions and relationships
- analysis of research projects
- Reggio Children and the role of International Networks
- the Foundation “Reggio Children – Loris Malaguzzi Centre”
- the experience of the preschools and continuity with the primary school
- the hundred languages of children expressive and cognitive learning
- aesthetics and learning
- Citizen Ateliers – Urban Ateliers in Reggio Emilia and Atelier of Water and Energy in Ligonchio. Visits and workshops
- the town and the community
- encounters with and into the natural environment
- experiences from the World: dialogues and conversations with the participants
When: 3-15 June 2012
Where: Reggio Emilia and Ligonchio
Number of participants: 100
Individual participation fee: 3600 euro
The individual fee includes:
- B&B accommodation in Reggio Emilia
from Sunday, June 3 to Friday, June 8 and from Tuesday, June 12 to Friday, June 15
- Full board accommodation in Ligonchio
from Friday June 8 to Tuesday, June 12
- Lunches at the Loris Malaguzzi International Centre in Reggio Emilia.
- Bus service when required by the programme (including transportation Reggio
Emilia/Ligonchio and return)
- Conference materials
- Professional interpreters Italian/English
- Coffee breaks
- Farewell reception
- Programme fee
- Italian VAT taxes
The Summer School will be in English. The participants are expected to have a good knowledge of the language in order to facilitate exchanges among them and to support active interactions and communications.
Loris Malaguzzi International Centre
Preschools and Infant-toddler Centres Istituzione
of the Municipality of Reggio Emilia
Reggio Children – Loris Malaguzzi Centre Foundation