Middle East International Study Group
November 13-18, 2011,
Loris Malaguzzi International Centre
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reggio Children in the schoolyear 2011/2012 promotes the “Middle East International Study Group” that will take place in Reggio Emilia, Italy at the International Center Loris Malaguzzi on November 13-18, 2011.
Topics of the International Study Group will include:
- Background on the pedagogical, historical and cultural and social aspects of the Reggio Emilia Municipal Infant Toddler Centres and Preschools experience
- Children as citizens
- The rights of children
- Parents participation in the life of the school
- The role of the educators
- The schools as a system of interactions and relationships
- The environment and the educational space
- Pedagogy of Listening
- Communication and new exhibitions
- Observation, interpretation and documentation
- Reggio Children publications as tools for making visible learning processes
The weekly International Study group program will be also developed through:
- Visit to the town of Reggio Emilia: approaching to social, cultural, political context
- Encountering the town-community
- Presentations by pedagogistas, atelieristas and teachers on the principles of the educational project of the Preschools and Infant-toddler Centres Istituzione of the Municipality of Reggio Emilia
- Presentation and analysis of research projects realized inside the Preschools and Infant-toddler Centres
- Visits to Preschools, Infant Toddler Centres, to the Loris Malaguzzi International Centre and to the Documentation and Educational Research Centre
- Discussions groups
- Sharing experiences among the participants
Individual participation fee: Euro 1150 (20% VAT/taxes included) – Accomodation and travel expenses are not included in the fee.
The Loris Malaguzzi International Center will be the venue for the study week.
Please contact the Middle East contact person for this study group for further information about special rates for hotel accommodation in Reggio Emilia for Reggio Children study groups participants.
The deadline for registrations is September 30, 2011
Registrations will be confirmed by Reggio Children.
The confirmation letter will include payment details.
Spaces are limited and registrations will be processed according to date of arrival.
For further information on the International Study Group, please contact:
Middle East contact person for the 2011 “Middle East International Study Group” is Lola Bradford, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download information or registration form: